Rejection is never easy, but rejection from people we care about really hurts. Maybe it’s the rejection of losing your job or having a spouse walk out on you. Sometimes rejection can be so devastating we are not sure we are going to recover. The devil will try to destroy a child of God with rejection by using deception and distraction. Here are five ways you can prevent rejection from gaining a stronghold in your life:
- Jesus understands. On the cross, He faced the rejection of the whole world. Be honest with God about your feelings. He understands.
- Don’t seek revenge. Trust God to bring about ultimate justice. Ask God to help you forgive. After all, Jesus forgave us for rejecting Him on the cross.
- Develop a Conquering Mentality. Filling your mind with God’s Word will develop positive thoughts, causing you to see things from His perspective.
- Don’t confuse forgiveness with a lack of accountability. Holding wrongdoers accountable is good—for them, for us, and for others.
- Choose to get better, not bitter. The best way to get even in a good way is to get better. Remember, “Bitterness is the poison we swallow while hoping the other person dies.”
By implementing these five preventive life-applications for rejection, you can take authority over the spirit of fear and rejection and decree God’s Word in your life. Life is not for the weak, but for the strong in God! There will be battles, but they provide opportunities to grow. A battle is often seen as opposition, but the truth is that it is an essential part of the journey.
You may be in a major battle, but you are on the road to a miracle! No one alive today ever experienced a miracle or a great victory in his life without going through battles. A struggle is proof that you have not been left alone. If you are still fighting, at least you know you have not been beaten! Say what God says and move from rejection to God’s acceptance!